How to use Xampp?

Today, we will install Xampp for windows on our own computer as a local web host.

What is Xampp?
XAMPP ( or ) is a free and open source cross-platform web server package, consisting mainly of the Apache HTTP Server, MySQL database, and interpreters for scripts written in the PHP and Perl programming languages. - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XAMPP


Where to get Xampp?
You can download it from here : www.apachefriends.org
That site also provide information about how to install and manage.

How to use?
Usually, i use Xampp for testing my web pages. To test the web pages, put the file or folder at the "htdocs" folder in installed Xampp folder. For example : I create one folder of web pages named "mywebsite.com" in that "htdocs" folder.


To test the web pages, i start my Xampp and open my favorite web browser .
I just need to type this url on the web browser : "localhost/mywebsite.com" and enter.

Now, i can see preview my website on my computer. Finish!

For more infomation, read www.apachefriends.org

Write by Arafa Daming